Re: Planning for the future / RFH

Hi Robert,

(cutting out some stuff and replying to debian-ruby@)

* Robert Oliver <rob@rwo2.com> [160717 21:00]:
> I’d like to volunteer to assist on this.

Welcome!

> I know everyone is busy, here, but can someone let me know how to
> dive in and get started?  I’m a fast learner and know how to do
> the technical side, just not sure about the procedures and
> workflow currently used to maintain the gems in the Debian
> repository.

Most of our process is documented on the Teams/Ruby wiki page.

To contribute, please join the pkg-ruby-extras team on alioth, as
explained here:

   https://wiki.debian.org/Teams/Ruby#Joining_Debian_Ruby_Extras_Maintainers

I'd also recommend you join the #debian-ruby IRC channel on OFTC for
quick answers to some questions you might have.

The actual git-based workflow is explained here:

   https://wiki.debian.org/Teams/Ruby/Packaging

If you need help picking a bug from the dashboard, this one has high
impact and is probably relatively easy (only needs a new package for
ntlm-http):

 ,''`.  Christian Hofstaedtler <zeha@debian.org>
: :' :  Debian Developer
`. `'   7D1A CFFA D9E0 806C 9C4C  D392 5C13 D6DB 9305 2E03
  `-