Re: RFS: ruby-mail-gpg 0.2.6-1

georg@riseup.net:
> On 16-05-16 12:32:48, georg@riseup.net wrote:
> > On 16-05-16 12:04:38, Jérémy Bobbio wrote:
> > > Both the hardcoded path and the binary files have the same root cause:
> > > this should all be generated on the fly as part of the test setup
> > > process. I really don't think it's a good thing to have GnuPG binary
> > > files shipped as part of the source.
> > >
> > > Storing armored versions of the keys and importing them in a fresh
> > > temporary directory is a more robust approach, IMHO…  This is how I did
> > > it for Schleuder some time ago. The “around” block creates a new
> > > temporary directory, sets the right environment variable and import keys
> > > before running the tests. See:
> > > https://sources.debian.net/src/schleuder/2.2.1-2%2Bdeb7u1/spec/schleuder/crypt_spec.rb/?hl=28:45#L28
> > >
> > > If that feels like too much changes, you could at least copy upstream
> > > binary files in a temporary and use that as the GNUPGHOME. Otherwise,
> > > there's a risk that testing twice in a row will give surprising results.
> >
> > I could generate the keys on the fly sure...but, not sure if I'm missing
> > something here: Right now the quilt patch which injects gpg.conf and
> > gpg-agent.conf into the upstream provided gpghome inside the build dir.
> > Even if I would generate the keys myself: How would I get these two
> > configs into a temp dir, without the need to specify the path the configs
> > should be copied from?
>
> ...or, if going the "generate all the stuff on the fly route": Should I
> create gpg.conf and gpg-agent.conf as well, and not use a patch for
> these?

Please do not generate the keys on the fly. Generating keys takes time
and can be flacky if entropy is low. I suggest having them stored in
ASCII-armored form and importing them in a freshly created GNUPGHOME
before running the tests.

You can totally avoid the patches by populating the new GNUPGHOME with
the right configuration files as part of the same process. Keeping
everything in the same place is probably going to be easier to maintain.

--
Lunar                                .''`.
lunar@debian.org                    : :Ⓐ  :  # apt-get install anarchism