Re: Updating packages issue - orig.tar.gz invalid size hash

Hi

On Sat, Jun 27, 2015 at 01:09:48PM +0530, Balasankar C wrote:
> Hi,
> I have been hit by an issue whenever I am trying to update a package.

> The issue is, when I update a package using gbp and try to dput the
> changes file, FTP masters reject it with a message like the one below

> ruby-cssmin_1.0.3-3.dsc: Invalid size hash for
> ruby-cssmin_1.0.3.orig.tar.gz:
> According to the control file the size hash should be 3732,
> but ruby-cssmin_1.0.3.orig.tar.gz has 3783.

The problem you have is that the upstream tarball you are using is not
(strictly) the same as the one in the Debian archive. This is probably
because by default, git-buildpackage does not use the pristine-tar
branch to regenerate the upstream tarball if it doesn't find it, but
generate it from scratch from the tag in the upstream branch.

To change this, use the --git-pristine-tar option or you can add an
option in ~/.gbp.conf:

[buildpackage]
pristine-tar = true

Check that those regenerated tarballs are deleted. If the upstream
tarball is present and the pristine-tar option is enabled, gbp will
extract the tarball from the pristine-tar branch.

It may happen also that the tarball in the pristine-tar branch is not
the one in the archive. Then you need to download manually the tarball
from Debian archive. In that case, please commit the correct tarball in
the pristine-tar branch with:

pristine-tar commit <package.orig.tar.gz>

and push the pristine-branch to the team repo.