Updating packages issue - orig.tar.gz invalid size hash

Hi,
I have been hit by an issue whenever I am trying to update a package.

The issue is, when I update a package using gbp and try to dput the
changes file, FTP masters reject it with a message like the one below

ruby-cssmin_1.0.3-3.dsc: Invalid size hash for
ruby-cssmin_1.0.3.orig.tar.gz:
According to the control file the size hash should be 3732,
but ruby-cssmin_1.0.3.orig.tar.gz has 3783.

When I get the source of a package by 'apt-get source' and check the
size of orig.tar.gz file, it is different from the size of orig.tar.gz
I get by building the same package from our Alioth repo.

So, now I have to get the source using apt-get source, copy the files
I changed into that, build it and dput the .changes file so generated.
So, I have to perform the activities twice - one for Alioth repo and
one for Debian with an unwanted 'copying' step. I prefer using gbp for
my builds and copying the files to the directory I got by 'apt-get
source' for uploading seems to be a waste of time.

Why is there a change in dsc files built by me and one in Debian archive?

--
Regards
Balasankar C