Binary executable name conflicts with existing package

Hi,
One of the gems I packaged recently (rexical) ships a binary executable named 'rex'. But there is already a package by perl team named 'rex' which also ships a binary of the same name.
This resulted in the bug #788294.

What is the correct procedure to follow? Renaming the binary (but the users may refer to upstream readme and want rex itself) or declaring a conflict relationship between the packages (but the file they ship are "same" not in the sense of content but only in the sense of name) ?