Re: ruby-rspec_3.2.0c2e0m1s2-1 waiting in the NEW queue

On Thu, Apr 02, 2015 at 01:20:41PM +0200, Cédric Boutillier wrote:
> Hi,
>
> Just a quick message to say that I uploaded a new ruby-rspec package,
> for the 3.2.x version, to land in experimental. It is at the moment
> waiting in the NEW queue, because based on the earlier work of Jérémy
> Bobbio, ruby-rspec now aggregates the sources of the various previous
> ruby-rspec* source packages to resolve annoying cyclic build
> dependencies.
>
> It uses a multitarball 3.0 (quilt) source format, therefore, the
> workflow with git-buildpackage does not work as smoothly. I tried to
> document it in debian/README.source. The edges are still rough, in
> particular when it comes to integrate a new upstream version.
> Regarding the build of the package, all the tarballs are stored in the
> pristine-tar branch. Getting them manually with pristine-tar checkout
> and building with dpkg-buildpackage or sbuild from the master branch
> should just work.

IMO multi-tarball source packages are a mess. Since you are already
making up a version number anyway, I would rather fabricate a syntethic
upstream tarball from the different projects and have a good old
single-tarball one and be consistent will all (most?) of our other
package.

--
Antonio Terceiro <terceiro@debian.org>