Re: Gem which uses dummy rails app for tests

On ഞായര്‍ 14 ജൂണ്‍ 2015 11:39 വൈകു, Balasankar C wrote:
> Hi,
> Is there any documentation available on how to handle gems that use a
> dummy rails app to test their functionality? I patched out the bundler
> requirements but am getting this error
>
> /usr/lib/ruby/vendor_ruby/rails/application/configuration.rb:105:in
> `database_configuration': Cannot load
> `Rails.application.database_configuration`: (RuntimeError)
> Could not load database configuration. No such file -
>
> It seems, the database.yml file is not getting detected.
> The gem in question is rqrcode-rails3 which is a member of GitLab
> runtime dependency chain.

There is a mention about this in one of the IRC meeting's [1] proposed
topics. But, nothing regarding that was discussed in that meeting it
seems [2].

Should I just disable the tests ? (I am hesitant about that. I prefer to
disable tests only if there is no absolute way of running them the
debian-way)

[1] https://wiki.debian.org/Teams/Ruby/IRCMeetings
[2]
http://meetbot.debian.net/debian-ruby/2014/debian-ruby.2014-04-15-19.59.log.html