Re: Plans for the upcoming Ruby sprint

On Thu, Mar 26, 2015 at 10:59:07PM +0530, Pirate Praveen wrote:
> On Thursday 26 March 2015 10:40 PM, Antonio Terceiro wrote:
> > Hello everyone,
> >
> > We are less than 2 weeks away from the 2015 Ruby sprint in Paris, and
> > it's about time we start figuring out work what we can be doing there
> > (surely there is no shortage of things to do).
> >
> > We can think of work that would benefit from having a bunch of people
> > colocated for 3 days, or stuff you are personally motivated to work on.
> >
> > I have added a few items to the wiki, grouped into 2 groups: things I
> > believe are generally useful to work on, and things that I personally
> > intend to do:
> >
> > https://wiki.debian.org/Teams/Ruby/Meeting/Paris2015
> >
> > Please add your plans there as well. Even if you are not attending, feel
> > free to suggest things you think are useful and might benefit from the
> > atmosphere of the sprint.
> >

> what does dh-rails do? Is it for rails assets or rails apps?

it does not exist at the moment, but my initial idea is for rails apps.
*But* since a rails engine is pretty much a subset of a rails app, I can
probably make it work for engines as well by just skipping some steps
and adding a few more.

> handling rails assets properly in gem2deb is what I'd like to see happen.

AFAICT asset packages are engines, so we might be covered.

--
Antonio Terceiro <terceiro@debian.org>