Re: RFS: ruby-dbd-mysql

On Wed, Oct 08, 2014 at 02:01:08PM +0200, Jonas Genannt wrote:
> Hello
>
> > >    * Team upload.
> > >    [ Cédric Boutillier ]
> > >    * fix debian/watch to unmangle +gem2deb
> > >    * d/control: remove obsolete DM-Upload-Allowed flag
> > >    * d/copyright: use DEP5 copyright-format/1.0 official URL for
> > > Format field .
> > >    [ Jonas Genannt ]
> > >    * d/control:
> > >      - removed transitional packages (Closes: #735694)
> > >      - bumped standard version to 3.9.6 (no changes needed)
> > >      - added autopkgtest field
> > >      - added depends for tests
> > >    * changed Homepage to Github, rubyforge is offline
> > >    * d/watch: changed to Debian gemwatch
> > >    * d/copyright: update to copyright format 1.0
> > >    * d/ruby-tests.rb: added basic tests (removed empty yaml file)
> > >    * d/ruby-dbd-mysql.docs: added README to package
> > >

> > > Could any dd please have a look?
> >
> > how is the `require 'dbi'` line in debian/ruby-tests testing anything
> > in this package at all? I think a minimal test should be trying to
> > load something mysql-related ...
>
> yes it only checks if you can load the library. but more testing
> require a mysql server on build. This is also not the best solution.
>
> So we can remove the "tests" again?

No, what I meant is that you are requiring 'dbi' in the tests for
'ruby-dbd-mysql' ... should't it require 'dbd-mysql' instead, or at
least instruct DBI to load the mysql driver somehow? The point is that
it seems that the code in the package being tested is not loaded at all.

--
Antonio Terceiro <terceiro@debian.org>