Re: RFC: ruby-coveralls (NEW)

Hi Cédric,

On Thu, Mar 6, 2014 at 6:50 PM, Cédric Boutillier wrote:

> Before looking at the package, I would like to know if you are
> really interested in having ruby-coveralls packaged in Debian, or
> if you found it has a (build-)dependency for another project.

I packaged it primarily because is a B-D of several Ruby packages
I prepared recently and I'm aware is not a library very useful from
Debian PoV due to its requirements on Github and Travis stuff.

However, I anticipate that I'm going to need that library for a
project I'll develop in the future and I'd would like to have it
packaged in Debian.

That was also the reason why I was poking the ITPs bugs for vcr and
webmock because I'd like to see those testing frameworks available
in Debian soon although I didn't the chance yet to see what's blocking
it.

> Hence I do not see at the moment any use case for a ruby-coveralls
> package. But maybe I missed something. If it is the case, then please
> correct me.

As you say, right now it doesn't have an inmmediate use case in Debian
but expect to run this software from workstation deployed with Debian
so I think it doesn't hurt to package it.

Miguel Landaeta, nomadium at debian.org
secure email with PGP 0x6E608B637D8967E9 available at
http://db.debian.org/fetchkey.cgi?fingerprint=4CB7FE1E280ECC90F29A597E6E608B637D8967E9