Re: Proposed new initiative: include HTML documentation

Hi Per,

On Thu, Aug 28, 2014 at 09:53:31PM +0200, Per Andersson wrote:
> Hi!

> A while ago I created a patch to do exactly this.

>     1397862133-17762-1-git-send-email-avtobiff@gmail.com

> With some slight modifications it should be usable.

> I didn't get any final review and grew busy with other things.

Your approach proposes to run rdoc as a part of dh_ruby. I have a few
questions about that:
- what do we do for packages needing specific options parameters?
- for packages using another documentation tool, like yardoc instead?
As this command is run as part of the install process, there is no
simple way to override it.

We would need to touch the debhelp7 part of gem2deb code to create a
installdocs, and run the rdoc command as part of dh_ruby --installdocs.
In the mean time, would it make sense in a first step to
provide the generic rdoc command as a override_dh_installdocs target in
debian/rules?