package jsmin - json-evil license

Hi,
I am packaging the gem "jsmin" and lintian gave the error "license-problem-json-evil". When I searched about it, it has been reported over and over. The solution given in wiki[1] is "Reimplement the code - done by the android team". But, it was for java. I couldn't find any ruby alternative for that.

jsmin is a runtime dependency for the gem "jammit".

Can anyone guide me on what to do next?

[1]https://wiki.debian.org/qa.debian.org/jsonevil

--
Regards,
Balasankar C

"Freedom is never easily won, but once established, freedom lasts, spreads and chokes out tyranny." - Trent Lott