Re: RFS and WIPs (rails-related)

On 16/08/14 06:08 AM, Pirate Praveen wrote:
On Thursday 14 August 2014 07:20 PM, Antonio Terceiro wrote:
The GPL has been dropped from the Ruby license some time ago.

$ dpkg-parsechangelog -SVersion
2.1.2-3
$ head COPYING
Ruby is copyrighted free software by Yukihiro Matsumoto <matz@netlab.jp>.
You can redistribute it and/or modify it under either the terms of the
2-clause BSDL (see the file BSDL), or the conditions below:

   1. You may make and give away verbatim copies of the source form of the
      software without restriction, provided that you duplicate all of the
      original copyright notices and associated disclaimers.

   2. You may modify your copy of the software in any way, provided that
      you do at least ONE of the following:

Then shouldn't it add a link to BSD license? or add full text in copyright?

The README says "You may redistribute and/or modify this software as long as you comply with either the terms of the LGPL (see {file:LGPL-LICENSE}), or Ruby's license (see {file:COPYING})." Should I assume that it's triple-licensed?

Also, the Ruby licence isn't actually present upstream, despite what it says in the README. I've now filed an issue about clarifying the licence. [1] There hasn't been any upstream activity for almost a year, though....

Caitlin

[1] https://github.com/siefca/i18n-inflector-rails/issues/6