Re: RFS: ruby-hiera / CVE-2014-3248

On Wed, Jun 11, 2014 at 4:25 PM, Jonas Genannt
<jonas.genannt@capi2name.de> wrote:
> hiera

Hello,

I guess, you're missing the point. Different name causes dependency
problems when puppetlabs official repository is attached.

For example, I use the Puppetlabs repository only for puppetdb (this
one is missing in Debian repo), and Debian repo for the rest.
Apparently, Puppetlabs development cycle is not synchronized with
Debian, so it is often happens that puppet-master is newer in one
repository or another. Basically, I don't care which one repository is
used I need the package installed at the latest version, that's all.
But different hiera's package name produces dependency problems.
In my opinion, it should be called hiera, as it is also a tool, not
only the library. Besides, this is a choice of Puppetlabs itself.