Re: RFS: ruby-hiera / CVE-2014-3248

* Jonas Genannt <jonas.genannt@capi2name.de> [140611 07:59]:
> Hello,
>
> > I have a question about this package. Why  it is called ruby-hiera,
> > but not just hiera (like in official puppetlabs repo).  There are
> > some very basic python scripts (which are nothing to compare with
> > hiera) in debian repository, and those are not prefixed with python-.
> > So what wrong with this one?
>
> because Debian Ruby Policy says every library has a prefix of "ruby-".

I think in this case it would make sense to ship (at least a
transitional package) it as "hiera" -- for one, it's what upstream
does, and indeed it includes a directly usable tool.
This certainly would be consistent with what we do for other tools
and would confuse our shared users less.

In any case, I'd suggest that this would only happen after the
security upload.

 ,''`.  Christian Hofstaedtler <zeha@debian.org>
: :' :  Debian Developer
`. `'   7D1A CFFA D9E0 806C 9C4C  D392 5C13 D6DB 9305 2E03
  `-