Re: RFC for first package: ruby-filepath

Il 22/09/2013 08:34, Cédric Boutillier ha scritto:
Hi Gioele,

Hi Cédric,

thank you for the review. I have now applied most of your suggestions.

- debian/control:
   - I would shorten the short description and drop the part after ";".
     The short description should start with a small 's'.

Fixed. However I see no mention of starting the synopsis with lowercase letters in section 3.4 of the policy [1]. Is it a Ruby convention?

[1] http://www.debian.org/doc/debian-policy/ch-binary.html#s-descriptions

- debian/copyright:
   I think that even if you choose CC0, you should indicate your name in
   the Copyright: field as the rights holder/"Affirmer" of the license.

The copyright-format document is a bit sibylline wrt to public domain.

> If a work has no copyright holder (i.e., it is in the public domain),
> that information should be recorded here.

I read that statement as "If a work is in PD, use the `Copyright` field to state this fact rather than stating the owner of the copyright".

   I get one spec failing when running with dpkg-buildpackage
   (./spec/filepath_spec.rb:575), but not with rake -f debian/ruby-tests.rake.

That test tests for the unreadability of a certain file that has been chmod to 000. For normal users that test passes, but for root that test fails because it is able to read a file with permissions 000. What should I do in this case? Right now I patched-out that test. Is this the correct thing to do?

I hope it will allow you to go further.

Yes that was very helpful. I pushed the fixed files to alioth:

http://anonscm.debian.org/gitweb/?p=pkg-ruby-extras/ruby-filepath.git;a=summary

I will now request sponsorship to the mailing list.

Bye,

--
Gioele Barabucci <gioele@svario.it>