Re: RFS: ruby-mongo 1.8.5-1, ruby-bson-ext 1.8.5-1

Hi!

On Fri, Apr 19, 2013 at 02:35:52PM +0700, Prach Pongpanich wrote:

> The following packages are ready to be uploaded (I also verified the
> points listed on
> http://wiki.debian.org/Teams/Ruby/Packaging#Requesting_Sponsorship).

> Could you please sponsor them?

> - ruby-mongo 1.8.5-1
> - ruby-bson-ext 1.8.5-1
> (ruby-mongo require ruby-bson-ext)

> lintian --pedantic ruby-mongo_1.8.5-1_all.deb ruby-bson-ext_1.8.5-1_amd64.deb
> P: ruby-bson-ext: no-upstream-changelog
> P: ruby-mongo: no-upstream-changelog
> (upstream changelog is not available)

Thank you for packaging this. I have a few remarks:
* you can safely target unstable instead of experimental in
  debian/changelog: those packages have no version in testing, so the
  introduction of a new version in unstable cannot cause any problem.
* It seems that there is a prefered form for the Vcs-* fields in
  debian/control. For example, those for ruby-mongo would look like
  this:
  Vcs-Git: git://anonscm.debian.org/pkg-ruby-extras/ruby-mongo.git
  Vcs-Browser: http://anonscm.debian.org/gitweb?p=pkg-ruby-extras/ruby-mongo.git;a=summary
  It is reported with the latest version of lintian in experimental
* For ruby-bson-ext, the short description should not end with a '.'
  character
* For ruby-mongo
  - since you removed the content of debian/ruby-test-files.yaml, you
    can remove the file completely. It seems that you can run at least
    all tests in test/unit/ without mongodb server (except maybe
    mongo_sharded_client_test.rb).
    The loadpath has to be modified so that test_helper.rb can be found.
    You can use the ruby-tests.rb method, with something like:

    Dir["test/unit/*.rb"].each { |f| require f}

    (you'll need to add ruby-mocha and ruby-shoulda to the
    Build-Depends: field, and maybe patch out the requirement on sfl in
    test/tools/mongo_config.rb)
  - you could install bin/mongo-console as an example through
    debian/ruby-mongo.examples file instead of removing it completely

After ruby-bson-ext is uploaded, ruby-bson can be updated to Recommend
ruby-bson-ext.