Re: RFS: ruby-exif

Hello Cédric,

> > GIT: git+ssh://git.debian.org/git/pkg-ruby-extras/ruby-exif.git
>
> Looks good. I would have skipped in the changelog the following:
> >        (libexif-ruby is needed for webgen0.4)
> >    * restore orginal upstream files in master branch
> >      (broken import of debian diff)
> because it is not directly related to the ruby-exif package itselft.

thanks for the package check. I have removed that entries.

> I am a bit reluctant to remove transitional packages if they are still
> used, but libexif-ruby is 'just' a recommend, and webgen0.4 is ruby1.8
> only, so it would be broken anyway.

that's why I have re added the transitional package libexif-ruby. So we
don't break any software yet.

> Maybe we should wait to see how we deal with the webgen* packages
> before uploading a new version of ruby-exif and breaking them
> completely?

yes, we could wait. Since webgen0.4 does not work with ruby > 1.8 and
it was replaced by webgen0.5 it should be removed from the archive.

I have added Arnaud in cc.

@Arnaud how should we deal with webgen0.4? - I suggest that we remove
webgen0.4 from the archive.

Greets,