Re: Gem does not have tests defined

Hi,

On Thu, Jun 20, 2013 at 09:42:55PM +0530, Nitesh A Jain wrote:
> What should I do if  tests have not defined in a gem?
> I have checked the gem's git page and there are no tests defined

> https://github.com/luislavena/mini_portile

There is no obligation for developers to write tests. If there is none,
then you cannot do much (except writing them, of course).
So you could just package it as is, and just check yourself that it
works, at least minimally.

For mini_portile, I am sure that it will not be needed for Debian, as it
is just a development tool. It is falsely listed as run time dependency
of the nokogiri 1.6.0 gem, which makes it appear on the graphs for
gitlab and diaspora (it was just a development dep before, and the new
code does not use it more than before). So there is no need to put
effort on packaging it.