Re: rails pkg

On Tue, May 28, 2013 at 03:40:47PM +0200, Ondřej Surý wrote:
> Ok, done, you have convinced me, especially because we can now Depends on
> ruby-foobar-X.Y (= ${source:Version}).
>
> Please check rails-4.0.git in pkg-ruby-extras (and uploaded to experimental
> to people to have something to play with).

cool, thanks for working on that!

I'm a litte worried about using this `-4.0` suffix, though. If we want
to upgrade to a later 4.1, we will have to go through NEW again. Also,
since we agree on having a single Rails version per Debian suite, maybe
we should start thiking about that and stop creating new packages with
version numbers in their names. :)

> Antonio, could you please add support for -D<directory> to dh_ruby? I have
> created a quite ugly hack because of the lack of support for this switch.

I have been working in the last days to add proper multi-binary support in
dh_ruby (available in git, will be in unstable soon, will go into details in a
separate mail), and rails 4 was already my first real world test case.

Can you fix the permissions in the git repo so I can push the migration to use
gem2deb's multi-binary support?

$ git diff --stat origin/master..master
 debian/control                        |    9 ++++++++-
 debian/ruby-actionmailer-4.0.install  |    2 --
 debian/ruby-actionpack-4.0.install    |    2 --
 debian/ruby-activemodel-4.0.install   |    2 --
 debian/ruby-activerecord-4.0.install  |    2 --
 debian/ruby-activesupport-4.0.install |    2 --
 debian/ruby-railties-4.0.install      |   14 --------------
 debian/rules                          |   18 ------------------

> I will convert rails-3.2 to the same format when I have some energy again.

Maybe you don't have to do this, if we settle with only rails 4 in unstable.

> And ... feel free to add yourself to Uploaders. (Please do... :)).

I would, but I just noticed you already did that for me. :)

--
Antonio Terceiro <terceiro@debian.org>