Re: Packaging cucumber, osmlib-base, sys-proctable and georuby

On 24/02/13 15:00, Cédric Boutillier wrote:
> I had a quick look at ruby-georuby:
> You should not override error about the use of rubygems in
> debian/require-rubygems.overrides. Instead, you should patch the source
> to remove these lines, and ensure that all dependencies are packaged and
> listed as such.
Ok, I have attempted to do this, and also pushed it to github [1]

> The commented line in debian/control (about nokogiri, etc.) is obtained
> from the gem metadata and should guide you to fill the Depends: and
> Build-Depends: field. From a quick glance, it will need as Depends:
> ruby-nokogiri, ruby-dbf (not packaged), ruby-json.
I think I have sorted the dependencies, but am having more trouble
packaging dbf. When I build the package, I get:
/usr/bin/ruby1.8 -I/usr/lib/ruby/vendor_ruby
/usr/lib/ruby/vendor_ruby/gem2deb/test_runner.rb
./spec/dbf/column_spec.rb:1:in `require': no such file to load --
spec_helper (LoadError)
    from ./spec/dbf/column_spec.rb:1
    from -e:1:in `require'
    from -e:1
    from -e:1:in `each'
    from -e:1
ERROR: Test "ruby1.8" failed. Exiting.
dh_auto_install: dh_ruby --install
/home/chris/Projects/Packaging/OSM/OSRM/gems/ruby-dbf-2.0.3/debian/ruby-dbf
returned exit code 1

Now, there is a spec_helper.rb file, but its here ./spec/spec_helper.rb
, and running "rspec spec" works...?

> The text of the license available here:
>  https://github.com/nofxx/georuby/blob/master/LICENSE
> is not the same as the one you listed in debian/copyright.
> You should use this one, and call the license Expat instead of X11.
Also done.

Thanks for the help.

1: https://github.com/cbaines/ruby-georuby