Re: request for review / sponsoring / team maintenance: lolcat, ruby-paint

hello cédric,

thanks for your suggestions; all of them are applied by now. (i was in
doubt about the no-upstream-changelog lintian override, as it can be
argued it's a very minor bug in the package, and should only be
overridden if upstream was asked to include a changelog and said
WONTFIX, but well...). moreover, i switched the watch files to gemwatch.

On Wed, Feb 20, 2013 at 11:36:51PM +0100, Cédric Boutillier wrote:
> If you want to have your packages team-maintained, then feel free to
> join the Ruby Extras team. Several team members maintain just one or two
> packages in our team repository, and you can benefit from the (not so
> impressive, but nice!) infrastructure to the team.

request sent, and subscribed to this list.

update (i've had this mail open since yesterday): thanks for having me
in the team!

i've added the packages to pkg-ruby-extras in what i hope to be
accordance with wiki.d.o/Teams/Ruby/Packaging -- as the packages were
already done beforehand, there might be discrepancies.

branch-wise, i've switched to what is probably the more common naming
scheme (master for debian-stuff, upstream for upstream's master); the
pristine-tar branch has been there ever since and is uploaded as well.

from my point of view, the packages are ready for their first upload
(and thus ftp-master review). i suppose the workflow is just for you to
check them out, have a final look at them, and `git-buildpackage
--git-tag && dput ftp-master ../ruby-paint*changes && git push --tags`?

thanks for your support
chrysn

--
Reflection. Surprise. Terror. For the future.
  -- Kosh