Re: RFS: ruby-gruff (Closes RC bug #676206)

Cédric Boutillier escreveu isso aí:
> Hi!
>
> I've imported an upstream fix to the division by zero errors with
> Ruby1.9 in ruby-gruff, causing RC bug #676206.
>
> I've also made some cosmetic changes, to fix in particular lintian
> warnings.
>
> Here is the last entry of the changelog:
>
> ruby-gruff (0.3.6-6) unstable; urgency=low
>
>   * Team upload
>   * Add fix_division_by_0 patch, applied upstream to prevent 'division by zero'
>     errors with Ruby1.9 if @marker_count is not set explicitly, which is the
>     case in the test suite (Closes:#676206)
>   * debian/patch/drop_require_rubygems: add DEP-3 header
>   * Set priority of transitional packages to extra
>   * Bump Standard-Version: to 3.9.3 (no changes needed)
>   * debian/clean: clean created pictures during tests
>   * Improve the descriptions to mention Ruby
>   * Override lintian warning about duplicate description of transitional
>     packages
>
>  -- Cédric Boutillier <cedric.boutillier@gmail.com>  Wed, 04 Jul 2012 17:15:13 +0200
>
> I hope these changes are not too invasive, and will not cause problems
> to get a freeze exception.

Yes, they are too invasive and will probably be rejected:

http://release.debian.org/wheezy/freeze_policy.html

Can you create a branch off the tag corresponding to the version in the
archive and prepare a simpler upload with just the fix needed to fix the
RC bug? (remember to merge this branch into master afterwards).

Note, you don't need to throw away your other changes. they will just
wait for the next upload to unstable after wheezy is released.

--
Antonio Terceiro <terceiro@debian.org>