Re: transition to new policy of other packages / transitional packages

On Tue, Mar 20, 2012 at 12:35:40PM -0600, Gunnar Wolf wrote:

> Yes, I very much agree with you, we (that means you, thanks for
> volunteering! ;-) ) should try to get all maintainers to do the
> migration. As the changes are not really disruptive, there is not
> *much* risk of disrupting currently existing packages, so it should
> pose no problems to the upcoming freeze.

I wrote a first draft available on gobby.debian.org, under
Teams/RubyExtras/transition_to_new_policy.txt. Before more polishing,
could you please read/review/criticise/edit/improve (constructively :D)?

On the same topic, what is the status of the Ruby policy draft in the
ruby-policy directory? It would be great to have a version available
somewhere as a reference for maintainers of Ruby packages.

> > On another topic: I see that many transitional lib*-ruby* packages have not
> > moved to the oldlibs category. Unless there are objections, I am
> > willing to file the bugs against ftp.master.org (starting from Thursday,
> > 22nd of March) to solve these "override disparity" issues.

> Right. And, of course, file them as bugs as well for those packages as
> well.

FTP masters closed 92 bugs this week end due to override disparity
issues with our packages. I think that we are (almost) ok on this.