Re: PATCH for gem2deb: gem2tgz will pick the newest gemfile instead of the first one

On 02/27/2012 04:03 PM, Cédric Boutillier wrote:
I noticed that gem2tgz would correctly fetch the latest version of a
gem, but if it happens that in the same directory, there are other
versions of the gem, it is very likely that it will use the wrong one to
build the tarball.

Here is a patch allowing gem2tgz to pick the lastest modified gemfile in
the directory, instead of the first one.

Another possibity would be to use Gem::Version to ensure we pick the
newest version, but it may be a bit overkill.

What do you think?

I would definitely check the actual version of the gem rather than the mtime. There are all kinds of reasons an earlier version might have a later mtime accidentally.

Regards,
--
Matijs