Re: Rails on Debian?

On Tue, Aug 21, 2012 at 12:23 PM, Bob Proulx <bob@proulx.com> wrote:
> shawn wrote:
>> rails3 on wheezy now also pulls in ruby1.8 through a stupid broken
>> dependency in ruby-hoe, which pulls in "rubygems" (patch available bug
>> #685330 -- how long should i wait before pushing to git and/or uploading
>> to mentors?)
>
> To be specific rails3 doesn't pull in ruby1.8.  It is the ruby-hoe
> package which pulls in ruby1.8.

I don't see where a dependency is broken?  It seems to me that by
adding ruby1.9.1 to your list of installs your problem would be
remedied since all the way down to and including testing there is only
a dependency on ruby-interpreter which right now probably defaults to
1.8 but could clearly be overridden by just adding ruby1.9.1 to your
list?