Re: tentative TODO list for getting Rails 3 on Wheezy

Hello Sam,

Sam Ruby escreveu isso aí:
> On 06/22/2012 01:52 PM, Antonio Terceiro wrote:
> >Anyone?
>
> I'm willing to RTFM if somebody can point me to one.  I believe I
> have some relevant experience[1], have a number of idle machines,
> and while my O/S of choice has been Ubuntu for a number of years,
> that likely is close enough for me to be of at least some marginal
> value.

Thanks for your willingness to help. I think the starting point for this
is the documentation of the team practices:

http://wiki.debian.org/Teams/Ruby/Packaging

These docs are far from perfect, so if have any doubt don't hesitate to
ask (since we are in a bit of a hurry, asking on IRC might be more
effective). You might also want to read something on Debian packaging in
general.

In the simplest case, this mass upload campaign is about doing things
like this:

http://anonscm.debian.org/gitweb/?p=pkg-ruby-extras/ruby-journey.git;a=commitdiff;h=d35fa503f31b0a325f7fe583d53654bc3985b360

... and then checking that the generated package does contain the needed
gemspec files, and requesting some DD to upload it for you (again, since
we are very close to the deadline, asking on IRC might be more
effective).

Paul's email from earlier today is also a useful read.

Besides this mass upload, your experience with Rails will be very
appreciated for checking the quality of the Rails package from a Rails
user point of view. I should finish this in a couple days.

--
Antonio Terceiro <terceiro@debian.org>