Re: Transition of Ruby packages to the new Ruby policy

[Please Cc me on replies]

On Fri, Apr 27, 2012 at 02:08:34PM +0200, Cédric Boutillier wrote:
> In a few weeks from now, Wheezy will be frozen. One of the goals of the
> Ruby Team for Wheezy is to try to push as far as possible the transition
> to a new policy for Ruby library.
>
> You receive this email because you are listed as the maintainer or
> uploader of a Ruby package which has been detected as not using this new
> policy. See the list of maintainers/packages at the end of this email.
> …
> James McCoy <jamessan@debian.org>
>    vim (U)

It's not clear to me from the email what I'm supposed to do in this
case.

Vim Build-Depends on ruby1.8(-dev) in order to enable the ruby bindings.
This results in binary packages that Depend on libruby1.8.  I used to
B-D on the unversioned packages, but I was told a year ago from someone
on the Ruby team that I should be using the versioned packages.

So, is Vim a false positive on this list or is there actually something
that needs to change here?

James
GPG Key: 4096R/331BA3DB 2011-12-05 James McCoy <jamessan@debian.org>