Re: ruby-taglib2: enable tests

Hi.

I will need some help to understand why a lot of tests failed.
One thing weird is that only one test is failing under ubuntu 11.10 whereas under pbuilder (sid or oneiric)  a lot are.

I think I have isolate the problem : TagLib::File#new method is faulty.

In taglib.c file: this method is implemented by file_init() function.
Apparently the call to Data_Get_Struct is not successful whereas a direct call to DATA_PTR macro will return the same adress (pointer) as the one set in file_alloc() function.
Is it a problem to call Data_Get_Struct during initialisation time ?
Should I use DATA_PTR instead ? In that case the type (T_DATA) of the object will not be checked.
Data_Get_Struct calls Check_Type. Is the type of an object not always determine at initialisation ?

P.S.: in case type argument of file_init() function is not Qnil a bug is triggered but in tests case that is not the case.

--
Vincent Carmona