Re: RFS: ruby-bunny gem2deb migration completed

2012/1/15 Praveen A <pravi.a@gmail.com>:
> 2012/1/14 Gunnar Wolf <gwolf@gwolf.org>:
>> I'm adding two files you skipped to debian/copyright:
>> ext/amqp-0.8.json and ext/amqp-0.9.1.json, by LShift Ltd, Cohesive
>> Financial Technologies LLC and Rabbit Technologies Ltd., under the
>> same Expat license. But besides that, almost all tests failed - I'm
>> attaching here the build log.
>
> Because it needs an amqp server to be running. Since it was running in
> my system it passed all the tests. Now when I ran it after stopping
> amqp-server all tests failed :(
>
> Form your log it is clear that amqp server was not started because it
> is not allowed.
>
> [...]
>
> Setting up rabbitmq-server (2.6.1-1) ...
> Adding group `rabbitmq' (GID 103) ...
> Done.
> Adding system user `rabbitmq' (UID 101) ...
> Adding new user `rabbitmq' (UID 101) with group `rabbitmq' ...
> Not creating home directory `/var/lib/rabbitmq'.
> ************************************
> All rc.d operations denied by policy
> ************************************
> invoke-rc.d: policy-rc.d denied execution of start.
>
> [...]
>
> Should we just skip these tests or is there another way to run an
> amqp-server when building the package?

I had a discussion with jonas on #debian-in, and I have disabled all
tests now. Please review and upload.

<j4v4m4n> jonas: I'm looking for a way to test ruby-bunny
<j4v4m4n> jonas: it needs an amqp server like rabbitmq-server running for
	  tests to work
<j4v4m4n> jonas: as per debian policy we can't start of stop services when
	  building packages  [19:51]
<jonas> correct
<j4v4m4n> jonas: so all tests fail when building with pbuilder
<j4v4m4n> jonas: it works when we build it locally
<jonas> so you cannot do network tests  [19:52]
<jonas> you should suppress (by options or patches) any test depending on
	network!
<j4v4m4n> ok, I will disable tests then
<jonas> build environment must be reproducible - network is not reproducible!
<j4v4m4n> even if it is always connecting to localhost?  [19:53]
<jonas> not sure. Good luck trying!  [19:54]
<j4v4m4n> jonas: I think there is no way :( I will disable it!  [19:55]
<j4v4m4n> jonas: anyway thanks
<jonas> :-)

--
പ്രവീണ്‍ അരിമ്പ്രത്തൊടിയില്‍