Re: Changing the default version of Ruby to be 1.9

2012/1/4 Lucas Nussbaum <lucas@lucas-nussbaum.net>:
> I'm not involved in rails packaging, and I've never used it. But I
> mainly see rails in Debian as a prerequisite to package rails-based
> applications. For developers of web apps, I'm not sure it makes sense to
> install rails using apt-get.

I'm very much interested in a rails 3 package as it is a requirement
to packaging diaspora. I think redmine was blocking rails 3. redmine
rails 3 support is currently at 60% and is targeted at next major
release. http://www.redmine.org/issues/4796 So if you can help redmine
get rails 3 support that would open the door for rails 3 in debian.

Here is the previous discussion regarding rails 3 packaging
http://lists.debian.org/debian-ruby/2011/08/msg00039.html

Thanks
Praveen
--