introducing a ruby-common package, with update-ruby-alternatives tool

Hello Akira and Daigo,

Some time ago we discussed adding a tool called
update-ruby-alternatives, which would be a helper to "fully switch"
between Ruby interpreters as the default one. This is needed because
`ruby` and `gem` are not maintained together in the same alternatives
entry because rubygems is a separate package for ruby1.8, so what this
tool should do is to change both at the same time. Please have a look at
the discussion we had:

http://lists.debian.org/debian-ruby/2011/07/msg00053.html

I wrote update-ruby-alternatives, and the solution I came up with was to
add it to a new package called ruby-common, which the actualy
interpreter packages (ruby1.8, ruby1.9.1 etc) should depend on.

The code for this is ready in the `update-ruby-alternatives` branch on
the ruby-defaults git repository, would you  have a look at it and tell
us what you think? Do you guys agree with that implementation?

--
Antonio Terceiro <terceiro@debian.org>