Rubinius for Debian

Hello all,

Today I took some time to hack on a Debian package for Rubinius
(http://rubini.us/). I was able to reach a state in which it is works,
but there is still *a lot* of stuff to do before having an
archive-quality package. For example our existing pure-Ruby packages
will not be available for the Rubinius interpreter because its
$LOAD_PATH is very different from the $LOAD_PATH in MRI 1.8 and 1.9.

The sources are at
http://anonscm.debian.org/gitweb/?p=collab-maint/rubinius.git;a=summary

This package contains the latest stable release (1.2.4), but I guess it
makes sense to start working right away on the master branch which is supposed
to be released as 2.0 in some time from now.

If anyone feels like hacking on this, the TODO list is in debian/TODO.
(But I would rather have people working to migrate our existing packages
to the new policy ;-))

--
Antonio Terceiro <terceiro@debian.org>