Working Format: urls in debian/copyright (was RFS: ruby-markaby)

On Mon, Sep 05, 2011 at 11:52:11AM +0200, Cédric Boutillier wrote:

> > > Indeed. This url was generated automatically by gem2deb. It is not clear
> > > for me that we should use dep.debian.net right now. Althought dep-5 is
> > > frozen, its status is just candidate, and not accepted yet. The example
> > > given in DEP-5 refers to a version of the markdown file kept in the svn rep=
> > > ository.

> > Since 1) DEP's are not mandatory anyway and 2) DEP-5 format is not
> > likely to change radically anymore, IMO it's ok to point to
> > dep.debian.net.

> Ok.

I read again the DEP-5 document, which seems to insist on using a
versioned url for this field. As soon as dep5 enters in debian-policy,
and #609160 is closed, things will may become clearer about the definite
url to use.

> > > The problem with the url generated by gemdeb seems to come from the
> > > op=file operand, which probably worked with wsvn, but does not with
> > > viewvc. Changing it to view=co solves this issue, and allows to refer to
> > > a specific version of this standard.
> > >
> > > I have change the url for ruby-markaby in the repository.
> > >
> > > A lot of other packages are affected by this problem (list below).
> > > Should we consider a massive patching of the copyright files to have a
> > > working url?

> > Yes.
> Ok, I can try to do that.

done. I decided to just change the url point to a working version in the
svn repository. We can change all the urls to dep.debian.net/deps/dep5
later.
Some packages are using quite an old version of this document (rev 135
for ruby-gettext-activerecord for example), which is quite different
from the current version. At least now, the Format urls should be
working for the packages I have listed I my previous email.

Best wishes,