Re: Ruby packaging in wheezy: gem2deb, new policy, etc.

Hi,

I have consolidated the discussion on
http://wiki.debian.org/Teams/Ruby/RubyInWheezy
Please review it carefully.

Cosmetic changes and clarifications are welcomed directly on the wiki
page.

More fundamental changes should probably be discussed here first.
I'm aware that we haven't reached a conclusion on the naming issue, but
I'd like to hear opinions from others. So I'm leaving it with ruby-foo
for now.

I'm planning to wait for a few days, and then will post it to
debian-devel@ to reach a wider audience. The wiki page probably needs to
be improved a bit before that so that it can be read by people without
much background knowledge in ruby packaging.
I might also send it to ruby-core@.

- Lucas