Re: newest rubygems broke gem2deb. Fixed in the git repository

Hi Cédric,

Cédric Boutillier escreveu isso aí:
> Hi!
>
> The newest (1.8.12) rubygems seems to have broken gem2deb. I was not
> able to build packages, because rubygems loaded by gem2deb was
> complaining about an undefined Gem::SyckDefaultKey constant.
>
> This constant is defined when the yaml library is loaded using
> Gem.load_yaml, instead of require 'yaml'. Therefore I modified gem2deb
> files to use Gem.load_yaml.
>
> I have pushed the change to the repository, possibly to be included in
> the next version of gem2deb.

Thanks for looking at that!

However, I do not agree with the fix you proposed: dealing with Rubygems
internals like that looks like a recipe for eternal problems.

I do not have a solution yet, but the best would be to isolate the
problem with a minimal test case and then work an a proper fix.

--
Antonio Terceiro <terceiro@debian.org>