Re: RFS: ruby-excon

Hi,

On Sun, Oct 30, 2011 at 05:06:45PM +0530, karunakar medamoni wrote:
> It builds those binary packages:

> ruby-excon - speed, persistence, http(s)

> To access further information about this package, please visit the
> following URL:

>   http://mentors.debian.net/package/ruby-excon

> Alternatively, one can download the package with dget using this command:

>   dget -x http://mentors.debian.net/debian/pool/main/r/ruby-excon/ruby-excon_0.7.6-1.dsc

Thanks for your contribution.

I am not a DD, so I cannot sponsor your package. I had a look at your
package, and I have a few remarks that, if implemented, would improve
the quality of your contribution:

- some files created by gem2deb still contain template entries. You need
  to edit them to correspond to the package. In particular:
  * debian/copyright
  * debian/ruby-excon.docs

- consider enabling test suite at build time. This can be done for
  example by creating a debian/ruby-tests.rb file, requiring .rb files
  in tests/, but there are other methods. Please have a look at
  dh_ruby(1) man page. You would need to add some build dependencies
  (ruby-sinatra,...), and patch some test files to remove requirement on
  rubygems.

- You need to expand a little bit the description of the package. If the
  source is not kept in the git repo of the pkg-ruby-extras team, you
  need to remove the (commented) Vcs-* lines in debian/control.

- Your name/email in debian/changelog should match the information
  about you in the Uploaders: field of debian/control (and it should be
  your full name).

Best regards,