Re: RFS: ruby-ronn, ruby-rdiscount, ruby-mustache

Dear Cédric,

> You can put your name in the Maintainer field, but if you decide to
> maintain these packages under the umbrella of the Ruby Extras Team,
> which I am sure, is a good idea, then leave the name of the team as
> the maintainer, and your name as the uploader.

Since I am a pretty new maintainer, I think that the umbrella is a very
good idea -- unless the Team has something against that.

> Regarding ronn, I see three points that could be improved, the last
> issue being relatively minor:
>
> - We try to enable the tests shipped in the gem during build time. There
>   are several ways to do this (see dh_ruby(1)). But one way would be to
>   create a debian/ruby-tests.rb containing something like
>
>   	Dir["test/*.rb"].each {|f| require f}
>
>   The tests require test/unit and contest. ruby-test-unit is in NEW, and
>   ruby-contest is not packaged (yet). So maybe the first step would be to
>   have ruby-contest packaged. This also applies for ruby-mustache.

I saw that you filed an ITP for ruby-contest, so I can just put both as
build-dep for ruby-ronn (and ruby-mustache)?

Your code snippet seems to work other than ruby-contest is not
available. So I did not activate it yet in ruby-ronn.

In ruby-mustache, it works without me having installed either one. So I
assume mustache just needs the ruby-test-unit?

> - there is a 'require "rubygems"' statement in bin/ronn. This does not
>   play well with libraries installed via apt. So these should be removed
>   with a patch at build time (I would simply remove the whole rescue
>   block, after requiring hpricot, ronn and rdiscount.
>
>   This also applies for ruby-rdiscount, where rubygems is required in
>   the test suite.

I removed it in ruby-ronn so far, the others will follow.

> - For debian/copyright, I would be a little more verbose for the text of
>   the GPL-3 License (at least, write a full sentense).
>     On Debian systems, the full text of the GNU General Public
>     License version 3 can be found in the file
>     `/usr/share/common-licenses/GPL-3'.
>   I think it is a good practice to use the same license for the
>   packaging and the source itself. Moreover, DEP-5 mentions also that
>   the name MIT is a bit ambiguous, and should be replaced by 'Expat' if
>   the text of the license matches (which is the case here).

I changed my own license to Expat and quote the license in both cases.
ruby-rdiscount has a BSD-Style License, so I use the GPL-3 there.

All the packages are uploaded again.

Regards,

Martin