Re: Help needed with building Ruby extensions for hivex, libguestfs

On 23/08/11 at 00:35 +0200, Hilko Bengen wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I'd love to provide ruby-hivex and ruby-guestfs packages, but I need
> some help with figuring out what needs to be adjusted so that the Ruby
> bindings can be built in separate builddirs. Working patches would be
> even better. :-)
>
> Both packages use autoconf to generate the Rakefile at build-time. So
> far, I haven't been able to figure out how to adjust the paths so that
> "rake build" will put all newly generated files below @builddir@ and
> "rake install" will take the files from appropriate locations.

Hi,

I've looked at the hivex source package, but couldn't find ruby bindings
there.
For guestfs, I'd suggest ignoring the Rakefile completely, and using
gem2deb to build the extension. I don't think that gem2deb can use a
different root directly at the moment. Antonio, what do you think?

 Lucas