Re: liblocale-ruby: migration to the new packaging style

Coin,

PING

Quoting "Marc Dequènes (Duck)" <duck@duckcorp.org>:

Coin,

It seems you are not part of the Debian Ruby Extras Maintainers, so you may not have followed our discussion on improving our packaging for Wheezy. We have come to a few decisions [1] and are planning to migrate to a new packaging style, having several advantages. Of course you're not obliged to join the team or agree with every choice we made, but it could be nice to agree on a few things to avoid incompatible packaging.

Currently, i'm working on migrating activeldap to this new packaging style, and liblocale-ruby is a dependency. I just cannot achieve that goal until you've made at least part of the migration yourself. So could you have a look at these changes , implement what you agree upon, and discuss improvements with us ? (joining the Ruby mailing list would help, if not already)

Regards.

[1] http://www.lucas-nussbaum.net/blog/?p=681

--
Marc Dequènes (Duck)