Re: I would like to join the Ruby-extras team

On 29/07/11 at 10:37 +0200, Cédric Boutillier wrote:
> Dear members,
>
> I would like very much to become a member of the Ruby-extras team, to
> help maintaining Ruby libraries, especially during the transition to the
> new packaging policy. I have a reasonable knowledge of Ruby
> and know git basics. I was thinking that getting involved in this team
> would be the opportunity to learn more.
> I have read (several times) http://wiki.debian.org/Teams/Ruby/Packaging.
> I realize that I have still a lot to learn, but it would still be some
> additional manpower to the team.
>
> If you accept my application, do you have suggestions for a package I
> could work on?

Yay! \o/

Any package listed on the transition page is OK, as well as those already
migrated that need some work according to the PET report.
It's easier if you join the IRC channel to coordinate.

Links:
-!- Topic for #debian-ruby: Debian / Ruby team --
http://wiki.debian.org/Teams/Ruby -- TODO list:
http://pet.43-1.org/pkg-ruby-extras/pet.cgi -- gem2deb transition
status: http://pkg-ruby-extras.alioth.debian.org/wheezy/

Have you requested membership on alioth?

- Lucas