I would like to join the Ruby-extras team

Dear members,

I would like very much to become a member of the Ruby-extras team, to
help maintaining Ruby libraries, especially during the transition to the
new packaging policy. I have a reasonable knowledge of Ruby
and know git basics. I was thinking that getting involved in this team
would be the opportunity to learn more.
I have read (several times) http://wiki.debian.org/Teams/Ruby/Packaging.
I realize that I have still a lot to learn, but it would still be some
additional manpower to the team.

If you accept my application, do you have suggestions for a package I
could work on?

Thank you very much!

With best wishes,