Re: ruby-sinatra 1.2.6 (New Upstream)

On 26/07/11 at 03:02 +0900, Youhei SASAKI wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I committed "ruby-sinatra" New upstream 1.2.6 to pkg-ruby-extras Git repo.
>
> However, there some problems:
>
> - lintian warning:
>   W: ruby-sinatra: image-file-in-usr-lib usr/lib/ruby/vendor_ruby/sinatra/images/404.png
>   W: ruby-sinatra: image-file-in-usr-lib usr/lib/ruby/vendor_ruby/sinatra/images/500.png

I usually ignore them. It would require deep changes to the code to fix
them. Maybe we should talk to the lintian team about that. I'll try to
remember to do that.

> - Can't running ruby-test.rb
>
>   The ruby-sinatra's "test/helper.rb" require "rack/test". So I ITP
>   "ruby-rack-test"(#635388) and create package into Git repo.
>   However, "ruby-tack-test" package need ruby-sinatra in build time.
>   There are circular build-dependency in upstream sources.

You can create a ruby-sinatra by disabling the test suite. Then create a
ruby-rack-test package, building against ruby-sinatra. Then re-build
ruby-sinatra to check the test suite.

While circular dependencies are bad, they are OKish for arch:all
packages. And we don't really have the choice anyway.

The same happens for gem2deb, which needs ruby-shoulda, which needs
gem2deb.

Lucas