Re: RFS: ruby-bunny

On 04/05/11 at 05:12 -0400, Varad Deshmukh wrote:
> Dear mentors,
>
> I am looking for a sponsor for my package "ruby-bunny".
>
> * Package name    : ruby-bunny
>   Version         : 0.6.0-1
>   Upstream Author : Chris Duncan <celldee@gmail.com>
>
>   URL             : https://github.com/celldee/bunny
> * License         : MIT
>   Section         : ruby
>
> It builds these binary packages:
> ruby-bunny - A synchronous Ruby AMQP client.
>
> The upload would fix these bugs: 624614
>
> My motivation for maintaining this package is: Wanting to be a part of Debian.

Can you confirm that your motivation for packaging this is that you want
this software to be part of Debian, and not yourself to be part of
Debian?
If your motivation is to contribute to Debian, I would love to sponsor
one of the packages that need migration from ruby-pkg-tools to gem2deb
(see http://pkg-ruby-extras.alioth.debian.org/wheezy/details.html)
:-)

> main contrib non-free
>
> - dget http://mentors.debian.net/debian/pool/main/r/ruby-bunny/ruby-bunny_0.6.0-1.dsc

Review:
- There's a "2" file in debian/ that shouldn't be there
- There's an empty line in changelog
- Do you really want to maintain it on your own? Why not join the
  pkg-ruby-extras team? (if you want to join the team, add it as
  Maintainer and set you as Uploaders, and uncomment the Vcs-* lines)
- shouldn't homepage be https://github.com/celldee/bunny ?
- trailing whitespace in control
- You should have a Files: debian/* paragraph in copyright (see other
  packages)
- address FIXMEs in ruby-bunny.docs  ruby-bunny.examples  ruby-tests.rb
  (enable tests)

  - Lucas