Re: RFS: ruby-mocha

Lucas Nussbaum escreveu isso aí:
> On 03/04/11 at 14:24 -0700, Antonio Terceiro wrote:
> > Lucas Nussbaum escreveu isso aí:
> > > I think that the only correct Debian way to ensure clean upgrades is to
> > > provide transition packages, unfortunately. Of course, we should also
> > > ensure that r-deps use the ruby-foo packages, but there are many ruby
> > > packages that have no r-deps, or that are often used without r-deps.
> > >
> > > The good thing is that the transitional packages can go away as soon as
> > > wheezy is released...
> >
> > ok, let's go there then. For what I understood from
> > http://wiki.debian.org/Renaming_a_Package, using transitional packages
> > has the advantage that the old source package is removed automatically.
> > Is that correct?
> >
> > We still need to update the tracking UDD scripts to ignore the
> > transitional packages in migrated packages.
> >
> > I've just updated ruby-mocha adding the transitional packages. I've
> > tested the upgrade and it works fine. Can you please upload it?
>
> Hi,
>
> Uploaded.

Thanks. :)

> I've reverted your debian/rules hack and used debian/ruby-tests.rb
> instead.

Another way to do that that occurred to me, and that does not duplicate
upstreams' logic abouth which are the test cases to run, is:

  ARGV.unshift('test') # skip if upstream default rake target is reasonable
  require 'rake'
  Rake.application.run

This requires that upstream's Rakefile does not do things like 'require
"rubygems"', though.

--
Antonio Terceiro <terceiro@softwarelivre.org>
http://softwarelivre.org/terceiro