Re: RFS: ruby-mocha

Lucas Nussbaum escreveu isso aí:
> I think that the only correct Debian way to ensure clean upgrades is to
> provide transition packages, unfortunately. Of course, we should also
> ensure that r-deps use the ruby-foo packages, but there are many ruby
> packages that have no r-deps, or that are often used without r-deps.
>
> The good thing is that the transitional packages can go away as soon as
> wheezy is released...

ok, let's go there then. For what I understood from
http://wiki.debian.org/Renaming_a_Package, using transitional packages
has the advantage that the old source package is removed automatically.
Is that correct?

We still need to update the tracking UDD scripts to ignore the
transitional packages in migrated packages.

I've just updated ruby-mocha adding the transitional packages. I've
tested the upgrade and it works fine. Can you please upload it?

--
Antonio Terceiro <terceiro@softwarelivre.org>
http://softwarelivre.org/terceiro