Re: Let's discuss big changes in Ruby packaging for squeeze+1

Tobi escreveu isso aí:
> Antonio Terceiro wrote:
>
> > In the meantime, the current version is running on
> > http://gemwatch.heroku.com/
>
> Thanks a lot!
>
> I just noticed, that the timestamps of the files in the tarball are set to
>  1970-01-01, which would cause lintian errors if such tarball is used as
> upstream source.
>
> Unfortunately it seems, gem's don't care about the timestamps. I took a
> look at the rubygems source code and it probably might be easy to fix
> this, but for now I think the best way would be to touch all files. See
> the attached patch.

Hi, thank you. That was already on my TODO list. I used a different
solution, though: GNU tar has a -m option to discard timestamps stored
in the tarball, so that's what I did.

--
Antonio Terceiro <terceiro@softwarelivre.org>
http://softwarelivre.org/terceiro