Re: Let's discuss big changes in Ruby packaging for squeeze+1

Lucas Nussbaum escreveu isso aí:
> On 22/04/10 at 11:14 -0300, Antonio Terceiro wrote:
> > Lucas Nussbaum escreveu isso aí:
> > > - write a set of scripts to package from gems, including:
> > >   + gem2tgz - convert gem to tgz, saving the gem metadata somewhere
> > >   + dh_make_ruby - prepare a source package, making use of the gem metadata
> > >   + script to watch gems on rubygems.org (for debian/watch)
> > >   + various QA scripts, including one to grep for "require 'rubygems'"
> >
> > These got me a itch to scratch, and I decided to play a little. It seems
> > we have something that solves the gem2tgz and the debian/watch items:
> >
> > http://gemwatch.heroku.com/
> >
> > It can be used with debian/watch files like this:
> >
> >   version=3
> >   http://gemwatch.heroku.com/${gem} /download/${gem}-(.*)\.tar.gz
> >
> > Source is available on github:
> >
> > http://github.com/terceiro/gemwatch
> >
> > All dependencies are available on Debian sid.
>
> Do you think it would be possible to make it available from alioth, in
> the project's website, possibly after backporting a few packages?

I think it is possible, yes. I'll work on it as soon as can.

> Also note that system() doesn't check the return value. It might be
> better to check $? after each call, since we clearly want to check for
> failures.

Sure. I guess I'll change most of those calls into File and FileUtils calls
when possible, and check errors properly otherwise.

--
Antonio Terceiro <terceiro@softwarelivre.org>
http://softwarelivre.org/terceiro