Re: Help needed on Ruby packages for squeeze!

Hello everyone,

On Sun, Feb 21, 2010 at 11:07:30AM +0100, Lucas Nussbaum wrote:
> Our Ruby packages are in quite a bad shape for squeeze, and need your
> help!

Yes, if you just can work on one package, it can help.

> What still needs to be done:
> - transition all library packages that provide packages for ruby1.9.0 to
>   ruby1.9.1.

Also, if you have packages that just feature a -ruby1.8 package, but upstream
has added Ruby 1.9.1 support, please try to add it.

> - fix the remaining RC bugs and get all the packages in shape. For
>   packages maintained by the pkg-ruby-extras team, you can use:
>   http://pkg-ruby-extras.alioth.debian.org/cgi-bin/pet.cgi
>   http://qa.debian.org/developer.php?login=pkg-ruby-extras-maintainers@lists.alioth.debian.org

As a matter of principle, I try to have all bugs with gravity "important"
or higher closed and have a package of most recent upstream.

So, to summerise my own release goals (hoping they will also be yours):
* Ruby 1.9(.0) support dropped, Ruby 1.9.1 supported where possible.
* All bugs with gravity important or higher solved.
* As recent upstream as possible.

Kind regards,
Paul

--