Ruby Enterprise Edition, Rails & Debian

I just installed the REE Ubuntu .deb package from RubyForge on my Squeeze box and would like to know if its possible to point its gems to Debian gems.  For example, my Rails app requires will_paginate and I have pointed my app to use Debian's packaged version.  However, when I use REE it insists on using its own gems and wont recognize my will_paginate link in .../vendor/plugin.

My question is how do I get REE to use Debian's "gems" instead of manually install gems?

--
Richard Hurt
CEO KangarooBox, LLC.
e: rnhurt@KangarooBox.com
p: 502-298-5422
w: http://KangarooBox.com
begin:vcard
fn:Richard Hurt
n:Hurt;Richard
org:KangarooBox, LLC
adr:Suite 220;;6801 Dixie Hwy.;Louisville;KY;40258;United States
email;internet:rnhurt@kangaroobox.com
title:CEO
tel;work:(502) 298-5422
x-mozilla-html:FALSE